How to download a landing page: free and paid solutions
To stay ahead of the curve in affiliate marketing, picking the right offer and setting up an ad campaign is not enough, as a landing page also plays a crucial role. Its task is to retain customers and convince them to perform the desired action.
An attractive and properly designed landing page is a cornerstone of successful online marketing. However, it’s not that easy to create a winning page, and that’s why many affiliates tend to copy and customize ready-made landings instead of wasting their time and efforts on building their own web page from scratch.
How to choose a landing to copy
An effective landing page has a:
- clean, organized design;
- clear-cut structure;
- catchy headers;
- quality text that can be customized for a particular product;
- call to action and contact and order forms;
- customer feedback.
Always bear in mind a simple formula: one landing — one offer, which basically means that a page should not promote several products or discounts at once. A user is supposed to interact with one offer only that will meet their expectations.
After you find a landing that matches your offer best, you’ll need to download it. To this end, you can use special-purpose software or browser extensions that enable you to view web pages offline by downloading it to a local disk.
So, to copy a landing page, you’ll need to:
Step 1. Download, install and set up the required software. We’re not going to recommend any particular program, as your choice will depend entirely on your preferences and expertise.
Step 2. Download a landing page to a local disk. Create a separate folder for landing pages.
Step 3. Identify affiliate links, scripts, code metrics and pixels. Delete all third-party data manually. To this end, you can use the Notepad++ editor. For more information on text editors, check out our article. SEO META in 1 CLICK, a Google Chrome extension, can help you check whether a landing page has some third-party affiliate links.
Step 4. Download a landing page to your hosting server. You can use either FTR client Filezilla or your hosting file manager. If you use a VPS without any control panel, you can download a file manager through your tracker.
Step 5. Check whether your landing page functions properly and whether it has some third-party affiliate links. Make sure the metrics and analytics systems are working correctly. Make a test order.
The easiest (but not effective) way is to press CTRL+S in Chrome. This keyword combination enables you to download a page and files stored in the same directory. The advantage of this method is that you only have to make a single click. The disadvantage: you won’t be able to download a complex landing page with multiple third-party files properly.
Now, let’s discuss programs and services that are generally used to download landing pages. Among free-of-charge software products, we can highlight the following solutions:
- Firefox add-on ScrapBook and Chrome extension Web ScrapBook. These tools faithfully capture web page data such as HTML code, images, fonts, scripts, scripts, and styles. The drawback is that all the files are downloaded to a single folder and the donor site structure is not recorded.
- HTTrack allows you to create a local copy of a website. It enables you to download all the necessary folders and is fully configurable. Downloaded files are distributed among assigned projects and folders, which is very convenient.
- WGET is a Linux console utility ported to Windows. This solution allows you to download web pages, including images and other elements. It is actually a command-line tool, but you can also download WinWGet that has a simple graphical user interface. The most convenient way to download a landing page would be to simply add all the desired parameters to the command line.
- MetaProducts Offline Explorer is a shareware program for Windows. The tool allows you to retrieve files and websites using HTTP, FTP, HTTPS, MMS, RTSP and BitTorrent protocols. The paid version supports HTTPS downloads and drag & drop links from browsers. It also enables you to create multiple projects and use flexible filters to fine-tune your downloads.
Apart from free programs, there’s also a whole range of fee-based software products that enable you to copy landing pages. Their key advantage is extensive functionality and numerous customization opportunities. Here is one of the most popular solutions:
- Teleport Pro is a software product with a free trial version (up to 40 launches and no more than 500 files in a project). It’s often used for downloading larger sites, but you can also use it to copy a landing page. We recommend you set up a user agent when copying web pages (as some websites have an antibot filter).
Getting some practice with WGET
1. Download the necessary file package here. For Windows 8.1, you can use this archive: wget-1.20.3-win64.
2. Unpack the files into the folder, for instance: c:\Temp\wget-1.20.3-win64\.
3. Create a .bat command file with the following content:
wget –no-parent –no-check-certificate -e robots=off -nd -k -p -H -E -K –restrict-file-names=windows https://www.ХХХХХХ.com/ -P ХХХХХХ.com
- https://www.ХХХХХХ.com/ — the address of the landing you need to copy;
- ХХХХХХ.com — a folder where the landing will be downloaded to.
4. After you launch the command file, the system window Windows cmd.exe will appear where the copy status will be displayed.
It’s up to you to decide whether you’ll use free-of-charge or fee-based solutions. Free software products will enable you to quickly and easily download a landing page. However, if you constantly need to copy landings, then consider purchasing one of the fee-based programs.
Этот текст скопирован с сайта https://zorbasmedia.com