Today, I’m going to update you on what I was doing in the last couple of weeks.
Last time I wrote on this subject, my ROI was approximately 0% and it turned out that I had generated a high percentage of trash leads. Most of the time people were just submitting the same form several times in a row, while some leads came from regions where there is no delivery service available. The traffic was stopped for a week and a half, and so I didn’t spend much money on it.
So, here’s what I have been busy with recently.
1. In addition to Max X (17164), I decided to test out some new offers such as Hummer (18278) and MenXXXL (18382). I also put new pre-landers to a split test (two pages for each offer). The tests revealed that the most successful sales funnel was the 12011 pre-lander, the 10998 landing page, and the MenXXXL offer. As for the other offers, I had to stop them.
Landing 10197 for the Hummer 18278 offer
Landing 10385 for the MenXXXL 18382 offer
2. Then, I tried to find out what IP address ranges are assigned to different Indian states. If there was a direct correlation between an IP address and GEO, I added such IPs to a blacklist. However, this is definitely not enough to solve the problem with stopped GEOs completely. Still, I managed to collect an extensive blacklist of IPs. Contact me if you want to get it.
3. Another thing I did was to redirect the traffic from these GEOs to a dating SmartLink (ProfitSocial – Adult SmartLink With Prelanders ProfitSocial). Overall, I generated 142 leads in March, but they brought me only $4.75 in payouts.
4. I added new creatives to my campaigns almost every other day. However, the ones that showed a great performance at the very start turned out to be the most effective (you can find them here).
Data for March:
Money spent: $146
Generated leads (tracker postback link): 479
Stats from Dr.Cash:
The average approval rate: 11.08%
Total leads: 566
Approved leads: 41
The overall ROI: 40.4%
What conclusions can I make?
- At the very onset of this project, I failed to account for the fact that there is no delivery available in some Indian states.
- The traffic source does not offer precise GEO targeting settings.
- Of all the offers that I tested, only one turned out to be profitable.
What I am going to do next is:
- scaling up;
- go on testing creatives and a couple of new offers.