How to set up advertising on Facebook
Everyone who tried to independently set up Facebook ads originally got terrified. Actually, at first everything seems difficult and complicated. However, if you puzzle it out, there is nothing sophisticated at all.
How to make preliminary settings
First, you of course need to enter your advertising account. Then click on the “Create an Ad” button. The system will then offer you to choose one of eleven goals of advertising. All advertisements shown within one campaign will serve the same goal. For every goal, there should be a separate advertising campaign.
For instance, a posts promotion campaign allows grouping posts by type: promotions, news, etc.
If you aim at increasing website conversion, we suggest implementing the Facebook Pixel to your website. Thanks to it, you will be able to:
- set up separate audiences and adjust them to your preferences;
- optimize conversions of Facebook advertising;
- investigate website conversion rates.
You can start a campaign aimed at promoting a video clip. But you should bear in mind that Facebook has recently modified algorithms of showing videos. Now they are ranged according to their priority.
Lead Ads campaigns are now available for the desktop version of Facebook. Lead Ads looks the same as posts in a news feed, but it has a button leading to the promoted website.
Advertisers frequently choose page promotion as the campaign goal. In that case, visitors only see the best posts.
Of course, these examples are not the full list of all possible goals. The abovementioned goals are enough to provide insight into what you are going to deal with and what you should build on.
Then, you go to setting up ad groups. You can set up advertisements targeted at the same audience within one group. Thus, you can track click conversions and their cost.
The system provides an opportunity to individually set up budgets of every ad group. Among other advantages of ad groups there are the following:
- Flexible opportunities for testing your hypotheses on target audiences.
- Impressions management within the chosen budgeting model.
- You can test several advertisements simultaneously within one ad group.
- Finally, you can specify many intersecting interests as targets for one ad group. The system will select them for an ideal combination itself.
After that, you need to set up the “Advertisements” section. Essentially, it is there where advertisements are made. Facebook has the following limitation:
- you can upload no more than 6 pictures;
- you can make no more than 50 advertisements within one group;
- there can be no more than 90 characters inside one advertising block.
Another drawback is that you cannot adjust the number of impressions of each advertising text. This is chosen by Facebook based on special algorithms. This is quite correct, therefore, beginner advertisers should trust Facebook.
Even if some advertisements do not perform in the way they expect them to (you can see it in statistics), do not switch them off. No one can promise that they will suddenly start performing at best. And previously tiresome advertisements can begin performing in the worst way.
Next, you need to set up analytics. To track advertising indicators you should immediately set up “Columns”. By default, “Efficiency” will be put in the first place.
Here you will need to flag the most important points in the pop-up window. Columns can be adjusted at your will depending on your perception. They can be easily moved from one position to another.
Advertising account navigation
Actually, navigation here is intuitive and clear. But a beginner advertiser may feel uncomfortable with all these menus and buttons. To avoid that, use hint buttons. They are located above the account name.
If you click on the screen “Create a campaign”, you will be able to go to settings. This is the first section where you start any work in the account. In the “Ad Groups” section ads are grouped by different criteria. And in the “Advertisements” section you can upload pictures and texts for a particular advertisement.
You can edit settings of the previously created ad groups at any time. To do that, you need to click on the pencil-shaped icon. You will see a pop-up window and be able to do the following:
- adjust ad groups in different ways. For instance, you can edit your target audience – edit age groups, geographic targeting, etc.
- copy target audience parameters. This is a very handy tool if you need to create several campaigns targeted at the same audiences. Of course, you can edit anything inside copied parameters.
Likewise, you can edit other sections via the pencil-shaped icon. As you can see, there is nothing so complicated in Facebook advertising.
Этот текст скопирован с сайта https://zorbasmedia.com